- Birthday party issues (see previous post) - I really am sorry!
- Getting the news that my dad had cancer.
- Having to wear blue orthopedic shoes most of my early years. My parents must have spent a fortune on these shoes (I apparently needed arch support), but they seriously lacked style. Have you ever tried pairing everything you own with blue leather shoes. It wasn't pretty.
- Making the mistake to get bangs, cut my hair short and get it permed -- all at the same time. Did I mention I also had braces?
- Losing my first family dog, Lad. He was awesome.
- Unsuccessful auditions for choir groups, cheerleading (who was I kidding?!?) and various plays. Don't worry, I did eventually get into the choir groups I wanted, so it wasn't all bad.
- Losing loved ones over the years - great grandparents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends and brother-in-laws.
- Not passing my driving test (for the record, it was the fault of the road - nothing I did) ... and then having to go to my birthday party. See, I really am not a birthday person.
- Countless fights with friends and boyfriends. Oh, the drama.
- Not being allowed to pierce my ears until the 8th grade. Which, looking back wasn't a bad thing, since I put on quite the show when I did finally did get them pierced.
Life is full of moments that shape who you are and what you become. Some happy. Some sad. Some major. Others minor. This blog will capture my life's moments. I hope you enjoy.
Friday, March 12, 2010
Childhood "Not So Great" Moments
So, I may have mentioned in a previous post that my "childhood ROCKED." And, it did. But, to be fair ... I also had my fare share of 'not great' moments. To present a fair and balanced picture of my life, here are my top ten (in no particular order):
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment