Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Season Tickets

I married a Hawkeye, so now I've become a Hawkeye.  Going to home games in Iowa City and tailgating has always been a passion of Barry's.  We've slowly made progress and now I consider our family pretty seasoned fans and tailgaters:
  • 2001  to 2006 - No season tickets, but attended most home games
  • 2007 - Took the plunge and purchased season tickets with the Carrolls (an awesome decision, we got great seats!)
  • 2008 - Season tickets  with the Carrolls and a much more organized tailgating season (this was also the year of the cheesy potato)
  • 2009 - Season tickets (again with the Carrolls), we added a tailgating tent (thanks to an awesome Christmas gift) and we had a heat source
  • 2010 - Will likely be purchasing season tickets with the Carrolls and due to another awesome Christmas gift, we've upgraded our table and chair situation
While it can be difficult to juggle our fall schedule, going to the games have proved to be a wonderful way to meet new friends, create memories and experiment with "tailgate" appropriate food!  Now, if only they allowed dogs in the stadium -  I would be  a truly happy camper.

No comments: