Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Turns out my childhood ROCKED

Thinking about "life's moments" had me thinking about my childhood.  And, I've come to the conclusion that it ROCKED.   My parents were amazing and I had no idea the sacrifices they made for me and my siblings.  Even now they still manage to surprise me with their deep dedication to us and our families.

So here are my top 10 childhood memories (in no particular order):

  1. Baking "Mr. Williams" oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
  2. Getting our first family dog, Lad (we convinced grandma ... and later my dad that it was a good idea to get mom a birthday present).
  3. Getting rides on the Model T at the farm.
  4. Spending summers at our grandparents farms.
  5. Picking fights with my brother ... and getting him in trouble for it!
  6. "Patiently" waiting for the birth of my little sister (I'm pretty sure I called the hospital every 3 minutes to get an update)!
  7. Bike rides with my dad to ice cream destinations only.
  8. Annual summer vacations and kicking the back of my mom's seat every mile of the way.
  9. Coming up with the family moto at a very young age ... "We paid our money and we're going to the top!"
  10. Hot chocolate in the Nestle Quick bunny mug (with a side of peanut butter toast) -- YUMMY.

The list could go on and on ... did I mention, my childhood ROCKED?  But most of all ... I remember parents that supported and challenged me every day of my life.  They also managed to feed, clothe and provide me with luxuries I am just now appreciating.

If you haven't done so recently, tell those you love that you love them.  They probably know, but hearing it makes a difference.

Mom and Dad - I LOVE YOU!

No comments: