Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pancakes

One of the best things about owning a dog is the dedication to the morning walk. Every day, Gabe and I take to the streets of Des Moines – he gets to sniff about and I get to think. It’s been great. This morning my thoughts turned to food (I was hungry) and I determined I wanted a pancake.

The only hitch is that I wanted “the pancake.” And, “the pancake” is served only on Sunday mornings and in a house about 2 hours from Des Moines. I am talking about the pancakes my dad religiously makes every Sunday morning. These pancakes are the best around – after all, he’s had over 30 years to perfect his technique.

I do believe a trip home is my future.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Else came home today. To eat pancakes her dad made just for her!