Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Have you RSVP’d for the Wine Event or Sent Your Donation?

Hi! Amanda here, filling in for Laura.

She is crazy busy, swamped contacting friends and family, planning the April 9 wine event and securing silent and live auction items for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s big gala event in May. Plus you know, working, walking Gabe and all those other everyday life kinds of things.

So, I’m popping by to give a little update and hopefully rustle up some RSVPs and donations. ‘Cause its hard to plan an event if you don’t know how many people are coming, right?


Hip, hip, hooray. Des Moines’ gross 6.7 inches of snow on March 19 is keeping the rising waters of central Iowa’s rivers at bay. So things are looking good for the Birdland Shelter.

Food Laura’s Aunt Roseann has been working on the menu. Have you had her cooking? Delicious. She also owns the biggest cooler I have ever seen. I swear it is bigger than she is.

Drink Laura and Barry’s friend Chris donated all kinds of wines for your drinking pleasure. A few weeks ago I tried a really tasty Malbec he brought to a party. So tasty I think we went through four bottles. I don’t know, I’m not one to drink and tell.

The event is coming up soon, just two weeks from this Friday! Make sure to RSVP so there’s plenty of wine and food.

Can’t make it on the 9th? You can still donate to help Laura raise $5,000 by May 1. Tax deductible and easy to do when you click on over here.

No comments: